Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rudy the Ringbearer

More and more couples are including their dogs in their wedding ceremonies. And if you've ever had a canine family member, you understand completely. I recently had a conversation with someone who had a formal church wedding. He failed to mention to the pastor, until the day of the wedding, that George (a very large 'hairy' dog) was going to be the ringbearer. He said that George did a great job, walked down the aisle and stood in place. He even stood beside the couple as they lit their unity candle.

My daughter Susan & her 'now' husband Rodney decided that Rudy, their miniture daschund, would be their ringbearer. (however, he didn't really have the rings!) Rudy is a little over a year old and still has some puppy in him. They decided to let him visit Rodney's parent and play with the other granddogs. The plan worked and he was very well behaved. (and handsome, I might add)
Just last fall I officiated a double wedding in the mountains.
I was told the wedding would not be complete without Buddy and Princess. At first, the couple did not tell me who Buddy and Princess were.
Imagine my delight when I arrived to see them dressed in their wedding attire!