Monday, June 22, 2009

Michael and Lindsay Marry at Wiseman's View Linville Gorge

Michael contacted me several months ago. From his home in Illinois he had for the perfect spot for his wedding. I'm embarrased to admit that I had not heard of Wiseman's View. However, I was familiar with Linville Falls and the Linville Gorge and passed through the area often.

I cannot tell you how absolutely beautiful this place is! It was a little bit of an adventure getting to Wiseman's View. I searched the internet for information and most sites made it sound easy enough. The truth is, it was a bit of an adventure! Four miles of gravel road with some serious ruts. I was not brave enough to attempt this in my '96 Camry so my husband went with me. A good thing so he could take photos for my blog. (I love him so much... he didn't even whine!)

Another tidbit about Wiseman's View... it's supposed to be the very best spot for viewing the Brown Mountain Lights. But that's for another post...

Once we reached the top, it was a short walk down a paved walkway, easily managed in high heel shoes...

It took a few minutes to get everything set up since they were having their ceremony videotaped. The ceremony was very touching especially when Michael presented his 10 year old daughter with her 'special' ring and made his promises to her.

The new family hugged and I pronounced the couple married. Michael & Lindsay, husband and wife..

And don't they look happpy!!