Thursday, June 18, 2009

Elope to North Carolina Mountains

Elope? What does it mean? Where to Elope?
I have many couples looking for places to elope. And elope means many different things these days. Years ago it meant sneaking out of the bedroom window and ‘running off’ to get married. Today, many people use the term elopement for a ‘couples only’ wedding, whether planned in advance or short-notice. And I’ve had couples bring family and friends to their ‘elopement’. Whatever it’s called, a wedding celebration is always about LOVE….

RiverMist, our retreat center, is the perfect option for ‘couples only’ weddings. Many couples want to get married surrounded by the beauty of nature. We are completely private and the ceremony takes place by the creek that runs beside our cabin. During the winter months candlelight ceremonies take place in our cabin.

You will need two witnesses in North Carolina. I have retired neighbors who are always happy to serve in this capacity.

And what would a wedding be like without a few photographs? My husband, not a professional photographer (who gets tired of hearing me say that!) takes great digital photos. He usually takes around 50 and we download those onto a CD at no charge.

Here are a few comments from couples who recently were married at RiverMist:Dear Victoria and Guy Thank you for a most beautiful wedding. You both did a lot of work and we appreciate it so much. Also, we were extremely pleased with you recommendations for the restaurant and the cake. Please don’t hesitate to recommend them again to others. Thanks again & God Bless, Regina and Stacy

Good morning Victoria and Guy,
I could not find an area to post on your website, so I e-mailed to convey my thanks and appreciation for the work you put into make our wedding such a wonderful event.
I will always remember the sun shining on my face and the sounds of the river behind us as you spoke such beautiful words. The ceremony was so lovely!!
You included our child in the ceremony and presented him with a special gift that he will hold forever close to his heart. You made the day so special to all of us!!
The photos are beautiful and we have had many comments of them.
Our wedding day was truly blessed by having you two wonderful people as a part of it!
Thank you again...and God bless you both!!
Debbie

Hi Victoria,
I don’t think that I ever got to thank you and tell you just how much it means to me all that you did for Stacie and me. You and Guy truly turned our special day into something magical, I just wanted to take the time to express how grateful I am, and would like to keep in touch with ya'll. I’m back to Iraq and it was so hard to leave my new wife. I told her before we got married that it wouldn’t really make it any harder on either of us, but I must confess I think I lied. Standing there that day before you and God, as Stacie and I confessed our love to one another, and made the promise of a lifetime, it felt like my entire being was being transformed. A feeling that I have never felt before, it was amazing. Now that we have started our journey on the road of life as one, I will never forget the people that have truly had an impact on my life, and you and Guy will always be in my heart, I hope we can become friends, and keep in touch. I know they say that separation makes the heart grow fonder, but it’s really hard. If I could ask you to keep Stacie and me in your prayers it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to come and you again, if possible, next time I’m home. Take care and God bless, Chris & Stacie

 Our location is certainly not for everyone and there are many wonderful places in the mountains of NC and I’ll be happy to help you find the perfect location. Just remember you will need two witnesses! (and a minister….)