Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wedding at Chimney Rock - Hickory Nut Falls


As I said in my previous post, Chimney Rock State Park has three locations for weddings. Hickory Nut Falls requires the most effort but as you can see, it is worth it!

Although this is a beautiful location you must keep in mind there is a walk involved (1 1/2 miles round trip, with incline) and there are no restroom facilities. The most important consideration is the weather... I was watching the weather this past week. We were in the middle of a heat wave and Janet and Dave were scheduled to marry at noon at Hickory Nut Falls. I arrived around 10:30 so I would have plenty of time to make the walk and hopefully cool off a little before the ceremony. My husband was with me so he took my picture while I was 'catching my breath'.
As I mentioned, it's a bit of a walk and not everyone can walk at the same pace. (One reason I start early...) Janet and Dave decided to take a few photos while waiting for everyone to arrive.

As you can see the platform is large enough to accommodate many guests. I don't know the exact number but there is also space along the walkway.