Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Outdoor Wedding at Leatherwood Mountain

This will be another quick post.. That is until our happy couple returns from St. Lucia and sends me some photos. I hope by now they have made it to their destination. When I last heard from them they were stranded in Puerto Rico, waiting for hurricane Earl to pass.

When you get to weddings as early as I do you get to see all the preparation that goes into a wedding celebration. Everyone was busy when I arrived at Leatherwood. The reception tent was set up near the ceremony site. Guests only had to take a few steps to get something cool to drink.
And here's the ceremony site that they chose. There are many options at Leatherwood. Couples can get married on the deck of their private cabin or the facility can host large groups at various locations. Abie is the event coordinator and she makes wedding planning so easy.. I'm sure Jennifer and Chris appreciated this since they, and most of their guests, traveled from Pennsylvania.

Here's a close up of the decorations. The aisle was lined with beautiful rose petals.
There were two photographers, Ryan and Misty Case, http://www.pixelsonpaper.biz/, a husband and wife team. They were able to capture photos from every angle. Before the ceremony Ryan took photos of the guys while Misty concentrated on the bride.

I can't wait to post some of the wedding photos. Jennifer had a 'surprise' entrance. I won't say what it was but remember Leatherwood is known as "horse country".