Friday, August 20, 2010

Private Family Wedding in North Carolina

When I arrived at the villa located in Brights Creek, I was greated by a table full of beautiful bouquets. The bride ordered twelve dozen roses and had spent the morning making beautiful bouquets. Why so many? You will find out in a few minutes...

Jim told me that he and Diane did a lot of researching on the internet before deciding on a location for their family wedding. After looking at various locations, they decided they wanted to get married in the mountains. He said that once they decided that, he knew they would be coming to North Carolina. They have talked about retiring to this area so this would be a perfect time to 'check things out'. Jim is a golfer so he was impressed that the villa was located on the '18th hole'...

Since Jim and Dianne were planning their wedding from Pennsylvania everthing was arranged through the internet. They wanted a beautiful, fun wedding without the stress...so they hired personal chefs to prepare their reception dinner. There was even a pizza 'bar' for the children..Diane said that it was so easy, everything was taken care of: table, chairs, serving pieces, china, meal preparation and best of all... cleanup! What could be easier?? 
Want to know more... check out Erika's website:

The five bedroom house was absolutely beautiful with plenty of room for everyone. I'm glad I had my camera with me. Wish I could have take a few more photos.


Here's Diane giving everyone last minute instructions.


And here's the wedding party..

And now.. the reason for all the bouquets... Five beautiful daughters.

I'm sure everyone left with wonderful memories and Jim and Dianne are now counting the days until retirement!