Sunday, August 8, 2010

Elopement in North Carolina

Shhh… wanna know a secret… We had a beautiful elopement at RiverMist today and right now our newlyweds are snuggled in their mountain cabin. I wish I could show you their happy faces but… I think it would be best to wait until they have told their families the ‘news’…

I will tell you that they are a wonderful couple who have been together several years.. and soon they will be moving into their new house together. (I bet this groom remembers to carry his bride across the threshold…)

We included a unity candle as part of their ceremony. Don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t use unity candles for outdoor weddings. Candles work well… you just have to be creative… At first, I had picked some black-eyed susans from my garden and had them submerged in water. After seeing the bride’s bouquet, I had to make a quick switch. I told them the vase came with a memory… it was used at my daughter’s wedding last year.



We’re in the middle of a heat wave and today was no exception.. The new Mr. & Mrs. had to check out the cool water.

Hopefully, I will get the ‘ok’ soon and I’ll post their photos….

The newlyweds have returned home and the secret is out! Let me share the email I received today (8/15)...
Hi Mrs. Hutchins!

Ted and I just got home this evening from NC and we wanted to straight away email you our thanks. Thank you sooo much for such a easy elopement! Ted and I loved the fact that everything went so smoothly. It was perfect for us and we could not have asked for anything better. Many thanks to your husband for taking all those pics! We LOVE them. Since we have now told our families and friends about the "suprise" feel free to post whatever pictures you want on your blog. I love what you have already put up! I'll be continuing to read your blog :-) Thank you again! Cathy and Ted

So here's the happy couple....


Many years of happiness await these two...