Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jacinda and Alan - Married at Blowing Rock

Family weddings are always fun and Jacinda and Alan's wedding was no exception. Their three children were lively and loved having Blowing Rock park all to themselves.

Before I tell you about their wedding I just have to say Blowing Rock is a great location for a wedding. It is beautiful and the long range views are awesome. But to be honest what makes it great is Billy..... He 'wears many hats' at the park so it's not surprising that he is the special events coordinator. You will not meet a nicer, more cordial person. He truly wants every wedding experience to be special and goes out of his way to accommodate guests at the park.

Jacinda had originally contacted me about having her wedding at RiverMist. I told her that I was going to be in Boone with my daughter. (taking her Praxis at App.) and suggested Blowing Rock. After talking with Billy, a time was arranged and a wedding was planned.

Since Susan was with me, she became my assistant for the weekend! I don't know what I would have done without her help. And..... she also took photos for Jacinda and Alan's wedding. As you can see, they turned out great! (My 'not a professional photographer' husband better watch out, he might just get replaced!)

Short-notice wedding... Sounds like things thrown together, all in a panic. This is just not so! Jacinda may have felt a little overwhelmed while she was trying to find wedding attire for five people but I never sensed any panic! Their wedding was truly beautiful, including the flowers!

When children are involved I like to include some type of family unity ceremony. I had in mind what I wanted to do for Jacinda's children. However, I had a change of plans at the last minute as I was breaking apart a piece of rose quartz I had just purchased. My idea worked and the children loved receiving a 'gift' at the wedding. Hopefully, everyone made it home with their 'piece of the puzzle'.
Weddings have certainly changed. And for the better, don't you think? No longer controled by a strict set of rules. And a honeymoon at Tweetsie! What better way for a family to celebrate a very special time together...