Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Breanna and Jade Get Married in NC

Yet another wonderful short-notice wedding at RiverMist.

I received a phone call a few days ago from someone who was making arrangements for her sister's wedding. She wanted to know exactly how soon the wedding could take place. Since it was around 10:00 at night I told her the soonest possible time would be the next day..... Jade was awaiting orders and he and Breanna wanted to get married before he received his assignment. After a few phone conversations they decided to wait until the weekend so we did end up having a few days to plan a wedding.

Breanna, Jade, Shelby and PJ arrived at RiverMist around 10:30am on Sunday morning. After we chatted a little I took them to the creek where most weddings take place. Since they had driven from Fayetteville I thought they needed a little time to unwind and this is the perfect spot. My hammock is down there and anytime I 'disappear' my husband knows where to find me!
I asked Breanna if she had a bouquet and she said she realized on the way that she had forgotten about flowers. Well.... I had some beautiful stargazer lillies so while they rested a little I hand tied a bouquet using six lillies and other flowers from my garden. I had been admiring my lillies, particularly this one which was full of blooms. I told Breanna that the flowers had been waiting for her.

Even though we only had a few days, I had time to prepare a beautiful ceremony, unlike the courthouse wedding they had considered. Breanna said that they wanted to get married quickly but wanted a wedding experience. And by the smile on her face during the entire ceremony, I think she had her wedding experience! And again, even though we didn't have a lot of time, they found time to write personal vows to each other. This is always nice and says far more than any words I can speak.
And as an added surprise, we had a sparkling cider toast immediately following their ceremony. It was fairly cool on Sunday, especially for July, so I carried the cider and glasses to the picnic table nearby.
I won't say that the groom seemed a little nervous but he did have a look of relief on his face after they were pronounced husband and wife. We all had a big laugh when we looked at the photos after they were downloaded.
So now, the happy bride and groom are back in Fayetteville waiting to find out where their new home will be. There will be many adventures for these two...