Monday, July 9, 2012

Robyn and Matt - A Perfect Fit


7 is the number of the Universe. There are 7 days in the week, 7 notes on the musical scale, 7 colors of the rainbow and 7 directions. The list of 7's goes on and on.

In all cultures, myths and legends seven represents... completeness and totality, perfection, security and safety. How suiting that two best friends would marry on 07/07. Was it a coincidence that the temperature just happened to be 107 on that day?
Sometimes in life, you just know when things are meant to be. Two ‘puzzle pieces’ grew up on opposite corners of their hometown state. The universe rejoiced when they met and instantly realized they were a perfect fit. 

There have been many adventures along the way and now Robyn and Matt call North Carolina their home. What a delight to have such a happy and loving couple choose to get married at our retreat center.

As I have already said, Saturday was a hot, hot summer day. Robyn's vintage 'twirly' dress was perfect for the sweltering heat and humidity. The 'soon to be' newlyweds took their time and enjoyed the walk to our covered bridge, where I was waiting with their parents.
Robyn and Matt told me 'their story' and then gave me complete freedom in the design of their ceremony. 
 I had an idea that would make their ceremony very special. Before we began, they read, in unison, the following from the keepsake marriage license that I had prepared for them.
 From this day forward,
Let us laugh together
And plan together.
Let us find our favorite places
And go together.
Let us enjoy the sunshine and the rain
Being alone together and in crowds together.
From this day forward, together.. Let us love!
 And yes it was the perfect way to start their ceremony. (If I do say so myself!)
 The inside of their wedding rings are engraved with each others fingerprints.
You can't see the detail but Robyn created beautiful beaded hairpins.
Matt, you are a married man!
The temperature might be 107 degrees, but didn't seem to bother the new 
Mr. and Mrs.
We took a family photos then the parents and I headed to the air conditioning. Guy stayed behind to take a few more photos. Then it was time to celebrate!
 
A few tears were shed as parents took turns toasting the happy couple.
And now.....
 The puzzle is complete!
Just a little update (7/11/12) Robyn posted a wonderful review, that can be found on Wedding Wire. And... yesterday I received a sweet, sweet note from her mother:
Dear Victoria, 
As mother of the bride, I always hoped my daughter would someday have the wedding of her dreams. Robyn's wish was a simple, yet elegant ceremony. A meaningful exchange of vows with the people who mattered most in her life. She never wanted to be the "bride on display".
        Amazingly, this is exactly what happened at RiverMist last weekend, even in the 107 degree  heat! The beautiful natural surroundings with the quaint bridge was an ideal setting. Your small details of wildflowers were so cheerful. You delivered a touching and personal ceremony. Everyone felt relaxed and comfortable, especially at the cake reception afterwards.  Your husband's skill of candid photography captured all the happy moments. You and Guy are a hallmark of Southern hospitality.
      Thank you for making Robyn's and Matt's wedding a unique day for the beginning of their married life together.  And the mom in me gives the highest marks of excellence in the seal of approval!              Sincerely Patricia
WOW! Notes like this always touch my heart and make me smile. It's funny about the wildflowers. Guy and I were riding all over our retreat center Saturday morning as I selected the 'right' flowers. He finally said, 'give me the clippers' and he started cutting the flowers. (It was a tad hot). He often laughs at me as I prepare for a wedding. I truly want things to be nice and that means taking care of the little details. And as expressed in Patricia's email, they do not go unnoticed. I love, love, love what I do!