Monday, July 2, 2012

Lake Norman Wedding

It was so much fun being part of Kim and Jake's wedding on Lake Norman. I must admit, it was my first pontoon wedding. What a treat!

I really didn't know what to expect when I arrived. I just knew there were going to be a few friends and the wedding was going to take place on the lake. I was a little concerned because there were thunderstorms around and I, for one, do not like being around water during storms.

The storms passed and it was decided that we would go to the other side of the lake. The guests stayed on the pontoon and Kim, Jake, their children and I jumped off the pontoon and waded to a sandy area.

As you can see Kim and Jake are wearing their Bride and Groom hats!

After much clapping and cheering we all boarded the pontoon to take a little ride while waiting for the caterer to arrive. So what are you going to do on a 100 degree summer day but stop the boat and take a little swim. Well, it did not take much persuading for this couple to take the plunge.
What fun wedding memories!