Friday, July 6, 2012

Love and Love Some More - Hunter and Eric are Married at RiverMist

So many couples start planning their wedding and soon realize it's not turning out quite like they envisioned. I hear this fairly often and love helping couples plan the wedding of their dreams! Wedding planning should be fun and exciting, not stressful!

Hunter and Eric were planning a large wedding and the invitations had been mailed. For various reasons, they quickly decided that this was not going to be their dream wedding. Their desire was to get married surrounded by a small group of family members and close friends. But, I'm getting ahead of myself.


Little things say a lot. Hunter placed this on the mantle at our guest house. This confirmed in my mind what I already knew it my heart. This was going to be a great wedding.

What a lovely bride! Hunter told me later, that she planned on doing 'a little dance' as she walked down to the dock. Once she started walking, the emotions kicked in. This was a time of serious reflection.

A portion of Hunter's vows: 'I promise to love you in good times and bad, with all I have to give and all I feel inside in the only way I know how, completely and forever.'

And from Eric's vows: 'I vow to love, honor and respect you, to hold you in my heart, but not bind you to my will.

I promise to listen carefully and to speak the truth,
to stay with you throughout life’s struggles and pleasures
all the days of my life.'  

After the promises, it was time to exchange rings. There are lots of options and Hunter and Eric chose the following blessing.

I consecrate these rings 
with the element of Air, the breath of life.
with the element of Fire, for the warmth of love.
with the element of Water to wash them clean.
with the element of Earth for solidity and stability.




Ring on his finger.

Only one thing left to do!

It was time to kiss!
And hug!
And kiss some more!
And celebrate!
These two had been serious long enough. Time to add a little craziness!

And.... look what was hiding under that gorgeous wedding gown. Just another glimpse of Hunter's personality.

I have no doubts Hunter and Eric will follow the advice of 'The Real To-Do List'. Especially the last part. 
Love and Love some more!