Monday, June 21, 2010

Renewal of Marriage Vows

June 17th… 10 years ago, Steve and Stephanie promised to love, honor and cherish each other. This year, on their anniversary, they wanted to re-commit to each other and renew the promises made on their wedding day. Lucky for me, they chose RiverMist as the location.

I enjoyed working with them and planned a very special ceremony. We began with a Hand Washing which gave them the opportunity to forgive themselves and each other of past mistakes. This allowed them to begin their 11th year of marriage with a ‘clean slate’.

Rather than making ‘repeat after me’ promises, Steve and Stephanie wanted to make personal promises to each other. To be honest, with the sound of the creek I could not hear exactly what they were saying to each other. But from the looks on their faces I was sure they were saying exactly the right words.
As part of the ceremony, they were to touch each other’s wedding bands, symbolically giving them to each other. Steve had a different idea… He had contacted me by email, letting me in on his ‘little’ secret. He had purchased a beautiful anniversary ring that was to be a surprise. And was Stephanie ever surprised! I’m not sure that she heard the rest of the ceremony.

To conclude the ceremony Steve and Stephanie once again lit the unity candle that was used at the wedding ceremony.
After spending some time here, they headed back to Asheville to celebrate with a romantic dinner and a few days of relaxation before heading back home to Michigan.


Wishing them many, many more years of happiness together…