Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Getting Married in North Carolina


June has always been a very popular month for weddings. This year is no different.. I was honored to have Beth and Randy travel to North Carolina for a June 1st wedding.

What a great way to start the month!

They wanted to do a fun picture after the wedding. A big 'High Five' to the new Mr. and Mrs....

Today (6/11) I received this wonderful email:
Victoria - Thank you SOOOOO MUCH for everything ... you and Guy made our wedding day absolutely perfect! Everything about it ... and everyone is so happy to see the amazing pics to get a glimpse into what it was like. I've even made a couple photo books for us and our parents.

We loved everything about our trip ... the wedding and time spent with you at RiverMist, the B&B we stayed at in Asheville, hiking at Dupont Forest, going out on a paddle boat on a lake, exploring Asheville and eating the most amazing meals ever. Perfect way to start our marriage ... which feels fantastic so far. We are slowly getting used to saying husband and wife (I still giggle every time I say husband:) and am working on the name change. We got the marriage licenses - thanks for sending that in so quickly.
We will definitely keep in touch ... and I've already sent your info to the daughter of a friend of my Dad's who's mom saw the pics and wanted to know more:) Hopefully we can send more great couples your way!
It was such a joy meeting you and so special and absolutely perfect to share our special day with you. Take good care and have a wonderful summer! Hugs, Beth and Randy

And to keep the month going, Amy and Tom arrived the next day for their North Carolina wedding.
We have such a fun time with the great couples who choose to get married at our retreat center. For most, they come here because they want to 'be married' without all of the stress of 'getting married'.

Take a look at this beautiful cross. Amy had asked if there was some way we could use it in the ceremony. Tom had made it for their dear friend, Eleanor, who sleeps with it at night. They were guarding it carefully until it could be returned to Eleanor.

And here's Glenn, our retired neighbor, who is kind enough to serve as a witness. Don't know what I would do without him!

Today (June 14th) I received this email:
Good morning Victoria,
Everyday last week you were on my mind. Sorry I did not write sooner. Everyone has been so happy to hear our news.They have loved all of the pictures. I want to thank you for everything. Tom and I have said over and over again that we would not change one thing about that day. So, thank you again for making it so special. Tom and I enjoyed spending that time with you and Guy and appreciate the way you opened your home and hearts to us. We will keep in touch and please know that I do think of you often. Thanks again! Amy