Sunday, June 6, 2010

Private outdoor wedding in North Carolina - Rita-Marie and Paul Married

It's always exciting to finally meet the couples I have been working with. Many come from out of state and it's just not possible to meet ahead of time.

Rita is in graduate school at Chapel Hill and Paul... Well, that's a different story. He's in graduate school in Arizona. Thank goodness for the internet... Holidays and summers are spent in North Carolina.

Rita contacted me originally but then her mother called and asked that I provide flowers, a cake/sparkling cider reception and a cheese and cracker travel basket.

Rita emailed a photo of a bouquet she liked. Our local florist created this colorful bouquet.













Rita's friend made this beautiful headpiece. The photo does not do it justice...

Paul and Rita wanted to incorporate a handfasting in their ceremony. They decided to use a piece of white fabric and have it embroidered later, marking significant points of their marriage. A continual reminder of their journey together. Their parents were very touched by the ceremony.
Rita and Paul said the cake was much more elaborate than they expected. We removed the top layer and carefully packed it. Hopefully, it made the trip back to Chapel Hill. I told them if it didn't, it would be fine to freeze a couple of slices to share on their first anniversary.

A very happy couple.
I just love getting thank you notes... Look what arrived in my inbox this morning...
Hello Victoria, Whew! What a wonderful ceremony! I can not thank you enough for all the kind time and thought you put into our wedding ceremony at RiverMist. The location was perfect! In fact, it was more gorgeous and beautiful than pictures are able to capture. I loved the sound of the stream and your home was beautiful inside and out! You and your husband were very welcoming, which was a huge relief, since we were unable to meet before the ceremony. Even small weddings take alot of planning, yet I felt completely calm until you asked if we were ready to start. All of a sudden, I noticed the people watching and the camera and felt overwhelmed and shy! The relief of finally getting married in a way we loved, no longer worrying about details, we were able to relax. I had to keep myself from crying all during the ceremony! The reception was certainly a nice way to relax and breathe. That being said, an especially huge thank you to your husband, Guy, for capturing beautiful pictures with us smiling that my family and I can cherish. My ceremony and pictures were certainly everything I hoped for and more. Plus, the cake was delicious and made it home to Chapel Hill, along with my flowers! Many, many thanks!!!   Take care, Rita and Paul