Monday, April 9, 2012

Small wedding - BIG love

Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue...  

But wait.... I'm getting ahead of myself.

You know, sometimes you wake up and you just know it's going to be a good day. Today was one of those days. Full of adventures and surprises!

Just a few weeks ago I was at the NC coast enjoying the wonderful salt air. And today, I was enjoying the beautiful scenery in our mountains.

If you're not familiar with the Blue Ridge Parkway, you don't know what you're missing. I made a quick stop at an overlook to snap this photo on my way to the Boone area.

Also, have you ever wondered where  Christmas trees come from? Our mountains are famous for their beautiful trees.









What a lovely morning. I had plenty of time and truly enjoyed the ride. Until..... I came upon a one lane bridge. I travel all over the state and officiate a lot of weddings in the mountains and I remembered this bridge.
Hum.... bridges are not my favorite thing. And especially one lane bridges without side rails. I took a deep breath. At least it wasn't a long bridge. But then.... there was another one.

Things were getting a little weird. I remembered this bridge. A strange déjà vu experience. I couldn't remember when but felt like I had been here before. Oh well, I didn't have time to think about this, I had to find the location for a wonderful small family wedding. Kristen had contacted me recently and was planning a short-notice wedding. I was looking forward to meeting her and Jordan, her childhood sweetheart.
I was happy and on the right 'trail'. I still couldn't shake the feeling that I had been here before. Imagine my surprise when I walked up to the door and was met by Randy. I had been here before! July 2010 when I officiated Randy and Kristina's wedding. It all started to make sense. Kristen was their daughter. I was so excited to be part of a second wedding for this great family.

And now here's a photo to go with those gorgeous blue shoes. And doesn't Jordan look handsome in his uniform!
This was truly a special day that all of us will remember. From their ceremony:

The vows that you have spoken now become your guide and your bond to each other, giving you strength to weather even the most challenging times and an inward serenity that comes with the knowledge that for the rest of your lives, your love, friend and partner will always be at your side.
After spending a little time with their family, these lovebirds hit the road to Camp Lejeune, where they will make their home. What adventures these two will have.