Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tanya and George Marry at RiverMist


It was going to take more than a flat tire to keep Tanya and George from getting married on November 4th. And although their wedding day started out with a minor difficulty, it ended up being the wedding of their dreams.

When we started planning their wedding ceremony Tanya told me that she did not want a traditional wedding ceremony; she wanted something very individual and unique. (the wheels started turning…)

I offered some suggestions and she and George decided on several different elements. It was time to put the ceremony together…

George had difficulty with the cuff links and his dad was happy to give him a little help.
 And here's the handsome groom, having his own 'photo shoot'.
We began with a Handwashing Ceremony to signify washing away the past and starting with a ‘clean slate’. After washing their hands, Tanya and George dried each other’s hands with tenderness.
When I mentioned ‘Tasting the Elements’ Tanya immediately said that she wanted to include this as part of the ceremony. Tanya and George dipped their fingers into the bowls containing salt water, lemon juice, tonic water and honey. They placed a small amount on the tip of the other's tongue as I explained the symbolism.
After personal vows to each other, Tanya and George made promises to their daughters. We concluded with a covenant of salt ceremony. Once blended, the covenant can only be broken when the individual grains of salt can be retrieved.
 We never know what the future holds but looks like these two will hold on tight!

Here's a portion of an email I received from Tanya.
You have changed our lives, my life and I will be forever grateful to you for all you've done to make my wedding the best moment of my life. Thank you Victoria. I love you!
 
Does life get any better?