Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mountain Wedding in North Carolina

It's no wonder that Abby and Michael traveled from Ohio to get married in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina.

And what an unusual location, a dude ranch, Clear Creek Guest Ranch in Burnsville.

I was talking to Abby's father before the ceremony and he said that Abby had her heart set on this location. She had traveled here as a young teenager and had fallen in love with the place. He told here that places change and it might not be quite the way she remembered it. Just to be sure, he insisted that she and Michael visit before making a decision. Her memory was correct and she and Michael agreed this would be the perfect location.
 
 There was a wonderful area for the ceremony with plenty of seating for the honored guests. Some guests decided to watch from the porch overlooking the ceremony site.
The area is very secluded with no outside noise or interference. Also, there are several cabins so everyone was able to stay on site. This is a good way for families to get to know each other since often they are meeting for the first time.
Abby was a very happy bride and her wedding gown was absolutely gorgeous.
 And if you're getting married at a dude ranch, there has to be a photo with a horse.
Abby and Michael wrote a wonderful review on Wedding Wire, which I will share.

I had a destination wedding in Burnsville, NC. I live in Columbus, OH so the planning wasn't easy. I found Victoria online and read some great reviews. I e-mailed her and the very next day she called me. After speaking with her I knew she was the one! She had my day open and she even volunteered to drive 60 miles to my wedding site! She helped us plan our ceremony all by e-mail! It was customized perfectly just for us! She has all sorts of ceremony options or you can custom make your own! We had the whole ceremony finished and printed weeks before the wedding so I had one less thing to worry about! The day of the wedding she arrived on time and was everything I had hoped for! I would recommend her to any bride! I'm so lucky to have had her for my big day! Abby and Michael