Friday, November 11, 2011

11/11/11 Weddings

What a day! I have no idea how many couples chose today as their wedding day but I’m sure it was staggering. On Monday I had several phone calls from frantic people trying to find a wedding officiant. 
I had been booked for months and was surprised that so many couples waited until the last minute. Then I realized that the courthouse would be closed for Veteran’s Day. Many couples had been planning on a simple civil ceremony and were busy trying to find someone to marry them. 
My day started out with a wonderful ceremony. Two people who had been in love for 25 years chose today as their wedding day. They did not tell anyone of their plans but before arriving they had already mailed announcements. What a nice surprise for their family and friends.

 And then, another lovely couple came to our retreat center. I would not normally schedule several weddings on one day but this was a very special day and I tried to accommodate as many couples as possible.

Tricia and Rick traveled from across the state to get married at our retreat center. They arrived yesterday and had time to drive out to meet me and look around our center. It was a pleasure meeting them and made me even more excited to be part of their wedding day.
 Don't they look happy!

In the afternoon I headed to Lake Wylie for a beautiful (windy) ceremony. For Priscilla and Rody, 11/11/11 held very special meaning and it was very important that they begin their married life on this day. Although it was a little chilly, their ceremony was beautiful and very love-filled. (And the weather wasn’t too chilly since they drove away in a convertible with the top down!) Hopefully, I will have more photos to post soon.

And what a wonderful way to end a special day, with Rosemary and Sytse tying the knot. 

Yes, they really did tie the knot.