Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wedding at The Thistle House in Granite Falls


It’s hard to believe that a year has passed since that first email from Jackie and Ronnie. Jackie was a full time nursing student and since her graduation was a few days after their wedding, she wanted to plan everything well in advance. After a few emails, I was pleased when they asked me to officiate their ceremony. We immediately began working on their wedding ceremony.
 
Saturday May 7th was the day they had been planning for. The weather was absolutely perfect. When I arrived their family was busy making preparations for the wedding and reception.

This was my first wedding at The Thistle House in Granite Falls. The Bed and Breakfast has a perfect spot on the lawn for outdoor weddings. I wandered around taking a few photos while I was waiting for everyone to arrive.

Lovely Koi pond.

Instead of a wedding cake, there were tiers of beautiful cupcakes. They were certainly tempting. 

There was a small cake, on the top tier, to be shared on their first anniversary.

I loved the favors. What a clever idea. How fun to watch the flowers sprout and grow while thinking of the newlyweds.

While the photographer was hard at work, I was able to get a quick photo of the happy couple. Two hearts, One love. The beginning of Always!