Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weddings at Chimney Rock

Chimney Rock is one of my favorite locations for outdoor weddings. The park has several locations to choose from and can accommodate any size wedding.


The Meadows provides a lovely grassy, private area for the ceremony and a covered pavilion for the reception. And in case it happens to rain, the ceremony could be moved inside the pavilion.

I did not have my camera for Suzan and John’s wedding. I wish I could show you how beautifully they had the pavilion decorated. Their theme was ‘A Midsummer Nights Dream’ and their wedding cake was unbelievable..

I have asked if they will send me a few photos. In the meantime, Jeff, the Groups Sales Manager for the park brought his camera. He was kind enough to share these photos.

And of course, The Rock, is always a popular spot. Rose and Kevin, along with family and friends, traveled from Texas to have their wedding at ‘on top of the rock’. I ran into several showers on the way to the park and was afraid that the weather might be a problem. As you can see it was very foggy when I arrived. Luckily the fog lifted and the temperature was perfect for a normally hot July day.

Rose and Kevin are a fun couple and their wedding just proved this. I never did find out the ‘true’ story but here are the versions I heard.. Kevin and his groomsmen were dressed in sports coats and khaki dress pants. Well…. not exactly. Kevin was wearing jeans. It seems that his pants did not make the trip from Texas. And the ‘other’ story was that he ‘spilled something’ on his pants. Anyway… the groom was wearing jeans. Everyone kept waiting to see the expression on Rose’s face when she realized what he was wearing.

Rose, knowing Kevin, took it in stride and did not seem too surprised! She even improvised with her vows and promised to love him, even with the jeans.. And.. in the group photo you don't even see the jeans.

Again, I didn’t have my camera but did take a few photos with my Samsung Eternity. Not quite as good but after all it is a phone, not a camera…

As you can see, there are a few steps to the top. Something to keep in mind. If your guests have physical limitations there are other options. There's an overlook at the base of the rock. Problem solved.

The other location at Chimney Rock is Hickory Nut Falls.. No photos now, but I have a wedding there next weekend and will post some photos later.

I just received this note from Rose:
Victoria,
We loved the wedding so much, I perticually like telling people that the first thing you said to me was that I had my hands full. Thank you for being such a wonderful part of it. You really help to bring my vision to life. The honeymoon was fantastic, we hiked for about 35 miles and even were able to fit a horseback ride in. Here are some pictures we took, certainly no beauty contest, but that's us. Thanks again! Rose and Kevin