Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Lake Lure Wedding at Rumbling Bald

I love what I do! I travel to the most beautiful places and meet the most wonderful people…

Chimney Rock and Lake Lure offer many beautiful wedding locations. From a simple elopement to a venue that can accommodate several hundred guests. If you’re thinking of getting married in this area, I will be happy to offer suggestions..
















Jessica and Charles chose Rumbling Bald. And it was a great choice! Their wedding was planned to take place at the lakefront gazebo.

I was a little concerned when I arrived; there were dark clouds and thunder in the distance. My husband, Guy, went with me to help set up my sound system. I can do this by myself but it’s always nice to have a little help. And…. since he was with me he took a few photos.

The lakefront patio is a beautiful spot for a reception. As you can see, there are beautiful mountain views surrounding the patio.

The staff at Rumbling Bald is very attentive to detail and they were busy making sure everything was perfect.
It was so hot on Saturday but the patio area provided shade for the guests, who waited until the last minute to take their seats.

This also works well for a rain site. Something that needs to be considered when planning an outside wedding.
















We were able to take a few photos of the pre-wedding photography.

Candid shots are always the best.

Jessica and Charles, Jessie and Chuck to their friends and family, seemed to hear every word of their ceremony and whispered a few ‘secret’ words of their own.

As a tribute to their ancestry, we ended the ceremony with a Scottish Wedding Prayer. A BIG kiss and a new Mr. and Mrs….