Friday, June 7, 2013

Non-Traditional Vow Renewal

Be creative.... There's always a way!

I had an interesting email today. 'Can you do a vow renewal by phone'.

As it turned out, Shannon and Jason had planned to visit Asheville for their 10th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, they were unable to make the trip yet they still wanted to mark their special day.

A few emails later and we had a plan. And much better than just a phone call. Shannon and Jason renewed their vows over Skype!
My husband, Guy, is always such a good sport and is so supportive.  He quickly set up my 'studio' in the dining room. I love my iPad!
It was 8:30 and Jason had just gotten home from work. We chatted just a little before we started the ceremony. 

We have come together in the presence of God to celebrate your marriage and to witness the recommitment of your love for one another. A wedding is a celebration of falling in love and beginning a marriage. A Renewal of Vows is a celebration of staying in love and staying married.

 After a short prayer the ceremony continued. They were such a sweet couple and kept sneaking a little kiss here and there during the ceremony.

Thanks to the internet, Shannon and Jason were able to create a very special memory. And I am so happy that I was part of their celebration.