Monday, June 18, 2012

Wedding at The Farm - A Gathering Place


Since I am a traveling minister, I have the opportunity to visit many wedding venues through North Carolina. I'm always excited to add another place to 'my' list of perfect choices.

The Farm, A Gathering Place , near Asheville, has rustic charm, hardwood floors, a huge fireplace and wrap around porches which makes this venue perfect year round. Many couples choose the Farm because of the natural charm, convenience to the city, and the peaceful relaxed atmosphere.

I arrived a little early so I wandered around and took a few photos with my trusty iPhone. The wedding arch is very creative.
Jen and Matthew wanted a ceremony that reflected their personalities and their special love. They chose a reading by Mark Twain that expressed their thoughts on marriage.
 A marriage makes of two fractional lives a whole;
It gives to two purposeless lives a work
And doubles the strength of each to perform it
It gives to two questioning natures a reason for living,
And something to live for;
It will give a new gladness to the sunshine,
A new fragrance to the flowers,
A new beauty to the earth,
And a new mystery to life


Thanks to Galen McGee at Two Ring Studios for providing the following photos.
 This day I marry my best friend. 
The one I laugh with, live for, love and adore. 
I place this ring on your finger and my heart in your hands. 
I choose you. Today, tomorrow, always.
I received a sweet note along with the photos.
Thank you so much! The ceremony ended up being our favorite part of the entire wedding, and the part we both remember best. You did an excellent job!
I truly love what I do......