Sunday, September 13, 2009

Waterfall weddings in North Carolina

North Carolina, particularly Transylvania County, is well known for its beautiful waterfalls. Here are just a few of the more popular waterfalls.


Quite often I receive requests for waterfall weddings. I always remind couples that there are many things to consider when planning a waterfall wedding. First of all, most are not easily accessible. This can be a problem if you’re expecting elderly guests or guests who have physical limitations.
Also, some waterfalls are not suited for a large number of guests. And sometimes couples contact me, wanting to elope to a waterfall. In North Carolina two witnesses must be present for the marriage to be valid. This can be accomplished if a popular waterfall is chosen and you allow extra time for other guests to serve as witnesses.

Most importantly, like many outdoor locations, there is no rain site available for a waterfall wedding. I don’t mean to sound discouraging, just trying to offer some things to consider when planning a waterfall wedding.

I’m always up for an adventure and enjoy helping couples find the perfect location for their wedding. I love traveling throughout our beautiful state and am always looking for great locations for weddings. I’ll be happy to answer any questions and offer suggestions.