Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tamara and Phillip Marry at Smoky Mountain Mansion in Robbinsville

Weddings just aren’t what they used to be… And aren’t we all glad!

I knew when I arrived at Smoky Mountain Mansion in Robbinsonville it was going to be a special wedding. The smile (and twinkle in Phillip’s eyes) was a sure sign that he was quite a character. And he later proved me correct!

He and Tamara traveled from Florida to the North Carolina mountains to celebrate their marriage with family and friends. He had told me earlier that they loved coming to NC to ride their motorcycles. And yes, motorcycles. Tamara has her own!

After talking with Phillip for a while (and learning about his wedding surprise), I went inside and inquired about meeting with Tamara. I was told that she had been crying all day. No matter how prepared, it’s not unusual for brides to have a ‘little’ meltdown on their wedding day. Tamara was surrounded by loving family and friends and she was finally able to put the finishing touches on her makeup. No more crying once the eye makeup goes on.

Guests were in for a treat as Tamara walked down the long aisle (wearing a dress handmade by a friend) to her groom. Phillip immediately kissed her and told her how beautiful she looked. By now, the attendants and many quests joined in with tears of their own. What a touching moment!

The tension was eased later in the ceremony when Phillip asked me if he could kiss Tamara. We weren’t even halfway through the ceremony but I’m all for kissing so I said ‘sure’. After he kissed her I asked if he wanted to kiss her again. And he did!

Now we were ready for the ring exchange and Phillip’s surprise. When I asked for the rings, Phillip presented Tamara with a plastic Disney princess ring. Everyone laughed. When I asked for the ring again, he presented her with yet another Disney ring.

It took three tries before Tamara was finally able to see her ‘real’ wedding ring. And she was so funny. I heard her tell Phillip after the ceremony that she wanted the other two as well.

I needed to head home so I didn’t stay for the reception. However, I did see some photos and it was quite a celebration. There were probably some tired feet after all the dancing!

Wonderful wedding memories….