Monday, July 1, 2013

Charli and Kevin Marry at Leatherwood


Leatherwood Mountain, near Boone, is a horse lovers paradise. It is also a very popular location for weddings. The beautiful grounds provide privacy, there is a lovely lodge for the wedding reception and there are many rental houses so everyone can stay on the property. Everything at one place!


  


Song of Solomon
My beloved speaks and says to me:
'Arise, my love, my fair one,
and come away;
for now the winter is past,
the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth;
the time of singing has come,
and the voice of the turtle dove
is heard in our land.
The fig tree puts forth its figs,
and the vines are in blossom;
they give forth fragrance.
Arise, my love, my fair one,
and come away.'
And that's exactly what Charli and Kevin did. They traveled to North Carolina to have a memorable family wedding. 
There are several wedding locations to choose from and this is one of my favorites. There's a lovely rustic arch to decorate and plenty of room on the lawn for chairs.
Charli and Kevin included a letter, wine and box ceremony. A very touching addition.
And at the end of their ceremony guests tossed blessing stones into the stream.
Wishing the newlyweds a lifetime of happiness.