Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Wedding in North Carolina



Although our weather didn't feel very spring-like it didn't seem to bother Jen and Eric, who traveled from Indiana to marry at our retreat center. And I do have to brag a little here. They told me their first thought had been to get married at the Grand Canyon. I don't mind telling you, they chose our retreat center over the Grand Canyon!
It is a short walk from our main cabin to the covered bridge. Some brides want to walk alone, others like Jen and Eric, walk together.
The trees are just starting to get their leaves so I made sure we had bright flowers on our altar for the unity candle ceremony.

You are the love of my life.
And you are my very best friend.
This ring I give you
is a symbol of my love.
I pledge to share with you my heart,
my life and my love,
from this day forward.


Eric and Jen spent the night in our guest house and were kind enough to leave this entry in our Guest Book:
The decision to come here for our wedding was the best one we could have made. Between the cabin, bridge, and scenery – everything was perfect. Being able to relax and not stress on our day hold a special place in our memories. Guy and Victoria, it was great to have met you! Thank you for sharing our special day with us. You made it shine for us. With many thanks, Eric and Jen