Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Lovebirds, Snowbirds - Pat and Bob Marry and Head South

 November 4, 2012. What a special day for a very special couple.

Pat and Bob have already shared many, many happy years together. They loved golf so for the past thirteen years they've been splitting their time between Florida and North Carolina so they could play year round. Health issues have slowed down their playing but they truly love living on the 17th green, watching the activity on the golf course.

It was getting cold in the mountains and it was time to head south. Just one thing left to do before the migration. Pat said she was ready to be Mrs....

There was a lot of activity when I arrived at their mountain home. Family and friends were busy preparing a feast. I had time to chat with Bob and Pat while everyone was bustling around. Bob told me they wedding rings had a special inscription, something they say to each other during the day. One will say, "I love you" and the other will say "Love you back". Once they told me that, I decided to incorporate the phrase in their wedding ceremony. A sweet, sweet touch. Not a dry eye in the house!

I had my small camera with me but only had a chance to take a couple of photos. Hopefully, their family (no computer stuff for these two) will send me a few more photos.
 
“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” ― Pablo Neruda, 100 Love Sonnets