Monday, January 16, 2012

"Penguins" Marry in North Carolina

The weather might have been a little cold on Friday the 13th but it was perfect for two ‘penguins’ who decided to get married at our retreat center. Some might consider this an unlucky day but it’s obviously a very lucky day for these two.

Jamie contacted me about a week ago. Chad, was coming home from Afghanistan and they had plans to marry as quickly as possible. I don’t know the details but their original venue cancelled at the last minute and she was looking for an alternate location. I was excited and couldn’t wait to meet the happy couple…

Once they arrived I offered several options for their ceremony. Although inside, by the fireplace, was appealing I just couldn’t keep these ‘penguins’ inside.

 And here's THE kiss!

 What a gentleman. Chad quickly gave Jamie his jacket. Later she told me that he insists on opening doors for her. His comment, 'Chilvery is not dead'.

And I just have to include this photo. There are Jamie's 'nine store shoes'. My husband didn't understand at first but I knew exactly what she meant. She had been in nine stores looking for the perfect shoes!

Penguins mate for life.
They stick together through sickness and adverse weather. 
Of all the penguins, these two are now together for life.