Saturday, August 13, 2011

Small Intimate Weddings in North Carolina

Are you tired of everyone telling you ‘what you should do’ for YOUR wedding? You might be interested in reading about two couples who chose a stress-free wedding day.

I really do try to keep things easy and it seems that I am successful. Brook asked me last week if I had an Easy button, like Staples.

Small intimate weddings can be planned well in advance or ‘let’s get married’ spur of the moment. Unless it’s like this past Saturday night at 10:30 pm when someone called and wanted to elope. They changed their mind once I told them they needed a marriage license.

Sara and Jeremy planned their wedding well in advance. This is evident from her creative button bouquet. Many, many hours went into creating the lovely piece of art. She used antique buttons from various family members and crocheted circles made by her grandmother.
 But, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me go back to the beginning. Sara arrived wearing a 'Soon to be Mrs....t- shirt. I told you this couple planned ahead.
While Sara and Jeremy changed clothes we got the ceremony site ready. It had been really hot (103 degrees) and I wanted to make sure they were still planning on getting married outside.
The personalized dish, purchased at Etsy held their wedding rings.

 Just a few more minutes

A short blessing and the rings were exchanged.

Nice cold water. A perfect wedding toast on an August day.

No more 'soon to be'. Sara looks pretty happy to be Mrs.

A few days later, I met Brook and Jason and became a part of their wedding memories.

Brook's bouquet was also very personal, decorated with ladybugs, which has special meaning, Lady bugs are a sign of good luck and also that your wish has been granted. What perfect symbolism for Brook and Jason's wedding day.

Brook dressed upstairs and didn't want Jason to see her ahead of time. As she walked to meet him one of their favorite songs was playing on my iPod. And look at his face. It says it all...

 Brook had requested a unity sand ritual as part of their wedding ceremony. I keep supplies on hand but she found a personalized set on the internet. It used to take weeks to order something personalized. This set arrived in three days!

 Promises had been made, rings exchanged. Now, time for the BIG kiss.
 Another happy couple...