Sunday, April 17, 2011

Married, One to the Other - Ashley and Russell

I didn’t realize it at the time but I had been emailing Ashley about wedding plans while talking to her fiancé over the phone. After the second phone call, I asked Russell if he was Ashley’s fiancé. It all began to make sense and much easier when I realized I was talking about the same wedding.

Ashley and Russell were getting ready to graduate from the university where I worked many years. Not only was Russell getting ready to graduate, he already had a job waiting for him. What a blessing with today’s job market.

After the date was decided we began working on their ceremony. I emailed samples and they made their selections which included a ring blessing and unity sand ceremony. Since there wasn’t time to shop, I provided the needed supplies.


 The ring blessing incorporated the four elements, earth, wind, fire and water.














Bless these rings, 
the symbol of your promises, 
with happiness, wholeness, and love. 
Air for hopes and dreams; 
Fire for the spark of love; 
Water for harmony and healing; 
Earth for strength. 
May these rings be forever Blessed.




It always makes my heart smile when I receive a thank you note. I just have to share this one..

Russell and I just wanted to send our gratitude for the wonderful ceremony you gave us last Friday, April 15. It was more than perfect! The experience was better than we even imagined, and we couldn’t have asked for more. We spent the rest of the weekend at Chimney Rock State Park! The mountains were an amazing new adventure for us, and the waterfall was absolutely breath-taking. Thank you for making our dream wedding happen, and in such short notice! We will never forget you two, and the perfect little get-away down at RiverMist. Forever grateful, Ashley and Russell

 
Go now to your dwelling place,
To enter into the days of your togetherness.
And may your days be good and long upon the earth.