Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter Wedding Warms the Heart

Today was wonderful! I had the pleasure of being part of a very special wedding.

When April and Paul arrived I asked a few questions about the ceremony. April said she ‘just wanted to leave married’. I told her that I could certainly take care of that.

April and Paul had hoped to get married outside but it was a chilly, windy day. They decided it was much more comfortable inside, by the fire. They did step out on the deck long enough for a few photos.

The ceremony began with the lighting of candles. During the ceremony, it was evident that they were listening to each and every word I said. Later April told me that the wording was perfect.


The ‘Prayer of Love’ was used as the benediction

My marriage prayer for you is this:
That you will always remember the qualities that attracted you to each other when you first met and how you felt as your feelings of attraction turned into respect, admiration and finally love. That you will work hard to turn your feelings of love into acts of love so that nothing and no one can divide you. That you will always have kind and loving hearts, that are quick to ask for forgiveness when you are wrong as well as to forgive when your partner is wrong. That your love might grow to hear all things, believe all things, and hope for all things, endure all things. I pray you place your marriage in God's hands, and that your love increases and overflows, beyond anything you can yet imagine.


Those who God has joined together let no one put asunder.