Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Wedding at Hanging Rock State Park - Kim and Jake Happily Married

After lots of hugs, Jennifer, Tate and I parted ways. They were off to celebrate with their sisters (who were their witnesses) and I was headed to Hanging Rock State Park.

I had been in the area before but this was my first time in the park. It will not be my last. This place is absolutely gorgeous. I went directly to the shelter just to make sure I knew where everything was. There I found Jake and Autumn (their 20 month old daughter) 

After talking with Jake and admiring their decorations,  I headed to the cabin to meet Kim. As with many couples, we had not met ahead of time. Brides are very busy but I love to chat 'just a little'... It also gives me a chance to ask for the marriage license. (usually the bride is in charge of the license)

                       Kim and Jake had been busy getting everything ready for their wedding and reception. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't have a beautiful wedding in a public park. Everything was perfect!


Kim and Jake put a lot of thought into their wedding. This was a clever idea. Everyone was asked to place their thumbprint on the 'family tree'. What a great wedding keepsake!
And they were very wise... They wanted to include a unity candle but this can be 'tricky' with outside weddings. (you definitely wnat your candles to stay lit, at least until the ceremony is over...) Kim and Jake had a plan.. they lit their unity candle at the reception. Problem solved!  It ended up being a looong day and I arrived back at our retreat center at 7:00pm. And yes, by then I was a little tired. But so happy to know that I helped two couples make wonderful wedding memories.