Thursday, May 28, 2009

Technology
Ok, I have the hang of this now... Things are sure a lot easier than they were in the 70's when I began my career in data processing... You had to read stacks and stacks of manuals to manipulate data, now just a few clicks and you're off and running....

Just last week I purchased my first touch screen cell phone, with unlimited data. I thought it would be handy to check my email while traveling the mountains of North Carolina. I was a little worried at first, no manual. Instructions were on a CD... not to worry, I was able to set it up without even looking at the instructions... and now blogging.... look at me!

Now, back to weddings, my favorite subject (just ask my family and friends!)

During the last few years many couples have gotten married at our retreat center. Just last weekend a great couple from Knoxville arrived at RiverMist by limo. Our neighbors were very impressed.

Many couples choose our location because we are very private and conveniently located. Whenever someone inquires about a wedding at RiverMist I tell them that it's not for everyone but I can honestly say that everyone who has gotten married here said it was 'perfect' and exactly what they were looking for. This note from Whitney and Adam says it best.....
Thank you so much! We had the best time and it was so great getting to meet you and Guy. We kept going on and on about how nice you were - we couldn't have been more pleased with the whole day! The limo was a great idea, I have to say. It was really nice to be able to just sit back and relax and enjoy the scenery. We drank a little champagne and listened to music - it was perfect.

Our pictures really turned out great, we were impressed with Guy's skills! :-) We've showed them to friends already and they all thought they were done by a professional! Thank you again, for everything! You really made our wedding day special. We'll always remember it as a day of fun, relaxation, and love. I will recommend your services to anyone who asks! - Whitney and Adam

The mountains of North Carolina have become very popular for destination weddings. There are many wonderful venues for large or small weddings. It can be a little difficult planning a long-distance wedding and I'm always happy to offer my assistance in venue selection and accommodations.